Welcome to Belleville!
10 Things to Do in the #BayofQuinte During the U19 World Floorball Championships
Content provided by Laura Voskamp, Bay of Quinte Tourism
1. Jog the Bayshore and Riverside Park Trails
The trails run along both the Moira River and the shore of the Bay of Quinte – it’s an inspiring place for a sunrise or sunset warm up!
2. Try Your Hand at a Few More Sports at Rhino Sports & Play
A multi-sport simulator, synthetic ice surface and climbing wall are just a few ways to take advantage of a day at Rhino Sports & Play.
3. Visit the Sandbanks
The largest freshwater dunes in the world are right here in the Bay of Quinte, at Sandbanks Provincial Park.
4. Get Fresh Cheese Curd from Maple Dale
There’s no better sustenance for an athlete than freshly packed curd – guaranteed.
5. Grab a Loonie Shake at Reid’s Dairy
In seasonal flavours as well as the classic strawberry, chocolate and vanilla, here’s no more iconic snack in Belleville.
6. Except maybe… a Bag of Hawkin’s Cheezies
Your fingers will be dusted with a tell-tale orange in no time, thanks to this locally-made snack.
7. Count the boats at Kiwanis Walleye World Fishing Derby
The largest of its kind, this fishing tournament brings out thousands of participants from across the country, and around the world.
8. Watch the Sunset at Meyer’s Pier
Local photographer Mark Hopper captures sunrises and sunsets each day on the Bay of Quinte.
9. Hike the Lookout at Sager Conservation Area
Look out onto the Oak Hills surrounding Oak Lake – if it’s warm, you can even go for a dip at the beach!
10. Top it off with something sweet at Donini Chocolate
You’ve made it all the way to the World Championships! That’s definitely a feat to be celebrated with chocolate.